Summer book group
This summer, we will be reading "The DevOps Handbook," a follow-up to "The Phoenix Project" which introduces some DevOps topics through a fictional story. (Reading "The Phoenix Project" is not required.) "The DevOps Handbook" presents concrete principles, techniques to use them, and case studies and testimonials from major players in the DevOps community to help bring these topics to life and to help the reader understand the importance of adopting these practices.
- When: 1-2pm every Friday, June 30-August 4
- Who: Our facilitator will be James Bennett
- Where: CIB 250A, CIB 260 (overflow), ICTC 209, and https://IU.zoom.us/j/938550454
To join a book group and get more information, sign up for the email list >> Log into IU List and click Subscribe.
The Positive Effects of Expressing Gratitude at Work
We typically feel good when we're acknowledged for something that we did. It motivates us to continue to do well and look for ways to improve our efforts. In this workshop, we will learn the value of expressing gratitude, how gratitude can lead to success in business, and how gratitude can strengthen relationships at work.
- Who: Lita Pener, senior organizational development consultant with IU HR
- What: The Positive Effects of Expressing Gratitude at Work
- When: Thursday, August 3, 10am-noon (ET)
- IUB: CIB Wrubel Commons
- IUPUI: ICTC 303 and UC 3171
- IUN: Hawthorn Hall 105
- IUSB: NS038
- IUK: Havens Room in the Main Building
- IUPUC: LC2205
- IUE: Hayes Hall 171A
- IUS: Knobview 014-E
Sponsored by the IT Leadership Community, IU Women in IT, and the CIB and ICTC Living Healthy teams.
"After the IT Leadership Program, I felt like I was empowered to be a leader in any setting." Read more in IT Connections >>
The ITLC workshop action team is looking for new members. If you are interested, please email us at email@example.com.
Featured TED Talk
Maurice Conti: The incredible inventions of intuitive AI Listen >>
In case you missed it
- Mike Langellier, president and CEO of TechPoint, on the state of tech in Indiana and how to cultivate young talent. Watch >>
- Service and Performance Excellence with Martie Adler. Watch >>
- Useful Leadership: Leading Organizational and Technological Change from the Functional Perspective with Chris Foley. Watch >>
What is the IT Leadership Community?
ITLC is a group of like-minded professionals at Indiana University with leadership training (both formal and informal) and an interest in continuing the growth of leadership in themselves and other IT professionals at IU.
IU's CIO and VP for IT Brad Wheeler on IT Leadership at IU - Courtesy UITS and IT Communications
To empower current and future IT leaders by increasing communication, building community, and coordinating continuing education and outreach opportunities
Learn more about the creation of ITLC via charter document.